Editor’s notice: Lots occurred this week, so this is your probability to get caught up. Learn on for the week’s hottest headlines.
1. Dallas-Fort Worth is seeing flocks of robins all over their backyards. Amid wintry climate, energy outages, water points, and bursting pipes, Dallas-Fort Price is having fun with at the least one ray of sunshine: within the type of a large inflow of American robins. Robins commonly migrate to the South each winter, however in 2021, they’ve turn out to be a spectacular presence, with swarms of robins swooping in and hanging out, in every single place from the courtyards of inner-city lofts to the postage-stamp entrance yards of the suburbs.
2. 7 Dallas eateries land on Texas Monthly’s best new restaurants list. The annual rating of finest new eating places by Texas Month-to-month appears a bit of totally different this 12 months. As a substitute of the same old listing of 10 institutions, it focuses on favourite takeout dishes and drinks from throughout the Lone Star State, together with spotlighting three of the 12 months’s most enjoyable new openings. Right here have been the Dallas-Fort Price dishes that made the listing.
3. This Dallas neighbor clocks in as one of hardest-working U.S. cities. Numerous big employers — together with ExxonMobil, Fluor, Kimberly-Clark, Michaels, and NEC Corp. of America — name Irving residence. Irving seems to be an enormous with regards to hard-working individuals, too. A research launched February 22 by private finance web site WalletHub ranks Irving the fifth-hardest-working metropolis within the U.S.
4. Hutchins BBQ in Frisco now sells Texas Twinkies to anyone who wants them. Texas Twinkies are a signature dish at Hutchins BBQ, the craft barbecue idea based by Roy Hutchins in 1978. Till now they have been accessible solely to these within the DFW space who need to drive to one in every of their two areas. However because of the magic of on-line procuring, they’re now accessible to anybody in the complete U.S.
5. Dallas’ popular Cane Rosso pizza lines up new location near Richardson. Dallas’ hottest pizza chain is on the point of win over a brand new neighborhood: Cane Rosso, the Neapolitan-style pizzeria idea based by Jay Jerrier, is opening a location at Hillcrest Village, the brand new improvement at 6959 Arapaho Rd. in Dallas, east of Addison and west of Richardson.