Thursday, April 15, 2021
10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. EDT | 2 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. GMT | Digital video occasion
To register for the occasion, click on right here: https://covidsciencesummit.com/.
You’ll obtain an electronic mail with a webcast hyperlink previous to the beginning of the occasion.
Attendees are invited to submit questions for panelists previous to the occasion at https://covidsciencesummit.com/.
The 2021 Global Scientific Summit on COVID-19 is being hosted by Carnival Company and WTTC, in addition to supporting sponsors Hilton Worldwide Holdings and the U.S. Journey Affiliation. The digital occasion will discover probably the most up-to-date science on COVID-19 to tell sensible approaches and greatest practices for transferring past the pandemic.
The occasion will concentrate on probably the most up-to-date science amassed from the previous yr of learning COVID-19, together with how greatest to deal with the numerous ongoing questions on how the virus will have an effect on society, journey and day-to-day actions transferring ahead. The Summit will characteristic world-renowned medical, epidemiological and public well being specialists to discover and share current findings and each day practices to curb the unfold of COVID-19 in a post-pandemic future.
Panels will embody fact-based discussions sharing the most recent insights on epidemiology, screening, testing and tracing, therapeutics, vaccines, sensible prevention and mitigation practices and extra, together with:
- The Science of COVID-19: Epidemiology; Transmission; Testing.
- Remedy & Prevention: Masks, Surfaces and Bodily Distancing; Isolation and Quarantine; Vaccines; Therapeutics.
- Life in a World with COVID-19: Practicality; Adapting; Threat Mitigation.
The occasion is designed for most people, and it’s free to attend all or components of the dialogue. Registration is now open at https://covidsciencesummit.com/.
The digital Summit is hosted by World Journey & Tourism Council (WTTC), which represents the worldwide journey and tourism non-public sector, and Carnival Company, the world’s largest cruise firm. Hilton Worldwide Holdings and the U.S. Journey Affiliation are supporting sponsors of the occasion. Moderators embody:
- Arnold Donald, president & CEO, Carnival Company
- Gloria Guevara, president & CEO, WTTC
Donald and Guevara will encourage easy, easy-to-understand and fact-based discussions sharing the most recent insights on epidemiology, screening, testing and tracing, therapeutics, vaccines, sensible prevention and mitigation practices and extra. Panelists embody (in alphabetical order):
- Dr. Michael Diamond, M.D., Ph.D., the Herbert S. Gasser Professor of Drugs at Washington College. Dr. Diamond is acknowledged internationally for his work involving Zika, West Nile, chikungunya, and associated rising viruses.
- Dr. Steven Gordon, M.D., chairman, division of infectious illness, Cleveland Clinic, Respiratory Institute and professor of medication, The Lerner Faculty of Drugs, Case Western College. Dr. Gordon has been targeted on hospital an infection prevention, together with device-associated and opportunistic infections in immunocompromised sufferers.
- Dr. Michael Lin, M.D., Ph.D. is Affiliate Professor of Neurobiology, Bioengineering, and Chemical and Techniques Biology at Stanford College. A NIH Pioneer Award recipient, Dr. Lin develops protein-based instruments for molecular imaging and management of gene and viral remedy.
- Dr. William Morice, II, M.D., Ph.D., chair, division of laboratory drugs and pathology at Mayo Clinic, president, Mayo Clinic Laboratories, and professor of laboratory drugs and pathology. Dr. Morice is an knowledgeable in diagnostic testing serving in management roles for quite a few boards and partnerships to reinforce understanding of scientific diagnostics and check utilization.
- Dr. Jewel Mullen, M.D., M.P.H., affiliate dean for well being fairness, College of Texas at Austin, Dell Medical College. Dr. Mullen is an internist, epidemiologist and public well being doctor chief and the previous principal deputy assistant secretary for well being within the U.S. Division of Well being and Human Providers (HHS).
- Dr. Emil Christian Reisinger, director of the Division of Tropical Drugs and Infectious Ailments on the Division of Inner Drugs on the College of Rostock, Dean of the College and Member of the Board of the College Hospital Rostock.
- Dr. Clare Rock, M.D., M.S., Affiliate Professor of Drugs, Affiliate Hospital Epidemiologist, Johns Hopkins College College of Drugs. Dr. Rock has vital experience in institutional COVID-19 assist, together with as Hospital Epidemiology and An infection Management COVID-19 Johns Hopkins Well being System Incident Commander. Particular experience and expertise embody COVID-19 testing methods for the office, companies, & neighborhood, return to work insurance policies, return to enterprise methods, outbreak and cluster administration, contact tracing, addressing COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy within the office and the neighborhood.
- Dr. Stefano Vella, Adjunct Professor of World Well being on the Catholic College of Rome and a member of the Program Committee of Horizon Europe – Well being Cluster, the Analysis Program of the European Fee. Dr. Vella makes a speciality of infectious illnesses and inside drugs and is a researcher in pathogenesis and remedy of viral infections. Particular analysis has been carried out by Dr. Vella on main pandemics, particularly on HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis.
Register for the occasion at: https://covidsciencesummit.com/.