Photoillustration: Jonah Comstock, picture courtesy Oscar Well being
Lately, insurtech is its personal burgeoning startup ecosystem. However in 2012, a startup elbowing into an area dominated by huge long-term gamers like United, Humana, Cigna and the Blues was audacious and remarkable. Enter Oscar Well being, the medical insurance startup that is been pushing the envelope, exploring methods know-how can enhance the expertise.
For at this time’s HIMSSCast, Oscar CEO Mario Schlosser joins host Jonah Comstock and Healthcare Finance Information Managing Editor Susan Morse to inform his story and reply some questions in regards to the firm’s newest strikes. Alongside the best way, we focus on telehealth, value-based care, and extra.
Make sure you try Mario subsequent week on the HIMSS State of Healthcare event on June 15th, the place he’ll symbolize the payer perspective on a panel of healthcare consultants.
- What makes Oscar’s full-stack method to know-how completely different?
- Differentiators: Automation, digital main care, +Oscar.
- Main components driving developments in healthcare.
- How COVID boosted the digital main care enterprise.
- How Oscar overcame (and overcomes) healthcare’s first-mover curse.
- ‘Shifting the battlefield” towards value-based care.
- Driving Oscar in direction of profitability.
- Oscar’s relationship with Cigna, and with different payers.
- Transferring towards the frontier of risk-based funds.
- Why telemedicine and value-based care want one another.
- The Catch-22 of risk-sharing in healthcare.
- The rising “orthogonal” healthcare system.
- The final mile in telehealth.
- Rising supplier curiosity in being within the well being plan enterprise.
Extra about this episode: